Tuesday, February 12, 2008

lost and found...

there have been 97 posts created by my blogging friends since i was last on here. my, you have all been so busy!

i've been a bit busy too. busy being sick (yuck, i've never had a cold hold on for that long in years!). and i also applied for a job and got it so I had to go through the interview process and begin training while dealing with said awful cold. but i survived and i'm busy as ever and lovin it.

i'm working at bob evans as a server. yes, a waitress. i had a lot of experience doing that from my younger years and when i decided i wanted to go to work again part-time i just felt like it was what i wanted to do. i didn't want to start a career. i just wanted a part-time job that i could go and do and go home at the end of the day. i wanted to make more money than i had at my previous part-time jobs and most importantly, i wanted to be active. i dislike sedentary jobs. so going back to serving just seemed like the thing to do.

i applied at a couple of my favorite local restaurants, outback and red lobster, but for one reason or another they were not interested in employing me. then a dear friend of mine gave me a gift card to bob evans knowing that i love to eat there as well and when we went to the cash register at the end of the meal, there lay a stack of applications on the counter. i asked what positions they were hiring and the cashier said, "servers." hmmm, i thought. then i asked if they were looking for day or evening servers and she replied, "evening." what a coinky-dink. that's just what i was looking for too. so i applied and the rest is history. i'm working at the cincy mills store and i really like it. they had no problems with me asking for weekends off either which i'm thrilled about. it's the easiest restaurant i've ever worked in because of they way it is organized. i've really been impressed with their operation. works for me anyway!

5 comments:

Papa D said...

Congrats, Carrie. I'm glad you found something you like.

So you have a regular schedule? If Mama and I go out in the near future, we will try to go while you are serving - if just to give you a hard time. *grin*

carrie said...

that would be kewl ray...i'm there after five on mon, wed, thurs, and fri. come see me!

Patty said...

I'm so glad that the new job is working out!! Sounds like you were at the right place at the right time!

chelle said...

I too love that type of job. Where you are on your feet and interacting with people. Congrats!
Two fo ym favorite jobs was serving and cashier at Ameristop. Not anything special. But I loved my regulars!
Glad you are on the mend. It terrible to have a lingering cold. =\

Dory said...

I know how you feel about everyone's posts adding up. I checked mine today for the first time in forever and there were a ton! Congrats on the job. Sounds like fun :)