Monday, October 1, 2007

in spite of it all...

ya know, i feel i need to explain a little further about this nerve thing. it's not a constant thing, it's an on again/off again thing. it is not everybody that is encroaching on my nerves. unfortunately it is either too often the peeps closest to me that know my buttons and really don't mean to push them (you know that familiarity breeds contempt thing) and hopefully because of the closeness of our hearts we will continue to be forgiving as we work together to see me through the other side of this, or it's the complete and total stranger that is totally oblivious to the fact that whatever it is they are doing is totally ticking me off. road rage, though much less severe than in my pre-church life, has resurfaced. but i'm not always in the cage and my nerves are not always raw.

i am going through a stretching, learning, reflecting, and discovering phase in my life as well. looks like that might be the norm from here on out. nothing ever stays the same. i am so glad life is like this though. i hate boredom more than anything. and rest assured i will always look for the silver lining and the rainbows after the rain. my family and our love for one another, my cherished friends, and my membership and opportunities to serve in the church help to keep me humble and grounded. life is good, nerves and all!

2 comments:

Bertemus Dorsi said...

Hey, sista P. Good to see you getting into blogging. : ) I liked your post, and especially your thoughts on last nerves. That made me chuckle, and think all at once. lol

Thanks for linking my blog, btw.

Shayleen Lunt said...

In spite of it all...you still manage all your tasks with such grace. Just try to remember that when your car is running, don't lock the doors when you get out. ;) This bloggin' is getting really fun.