Thursday, October 4, 2007

familiar spirits and friends

sure, there are people around us that have become familiar by developing relationships over time. but what about those special people that you meet that you feel you've known for a long time? there's an easiness that exists and an acceptance. there's an automatic comfort level there that others have to earn. i think that's just the coolest thing. i've met these people all through my life and i'm excited to finally find out someday who they were to me before, what were our associations if any?

i have been blessed tremendously by the people that have come into my life, and there's been so many. i am fascinated by people, all different kinds. i've always liked to people watch. i love to hear their stories. i love to listen to other perspectives even if i don't agree with them. i love to learn about other peoples quirks and pet peeves (and NO, not so i can get on their nerves, lol). i love to hear what others love, what gets them excited, what makes them happy, what comforts them, what plans they have for their future. and what i find amazing is that with all our differences, we always have so much more in common.

i love to read your blogs. this is very cool.

10 comments:

Patty said...

I love it when I meet someone that I 'click' with!I think we do end up meeting people here on earth that we had a connection to before. Isn't it great that our paths are able to cross here too?

Since I know you're having a hard day, I just thought I'd let you know that I think you're a wonderful person and one of the most giving and loving people I know. If I could take some of your burden for you, I would. Keep hanging in there!

Louann and Bari said...

I'm so glad you jumped on the bloggin'wagon. I love reading your comments and thoughts. I love your insight and patience. Thank you for being my friend ('travlin' down the road and back again--your heart is true your a friend and a confidant')-

carrie said...

i love you guys!!!

you're the bestest ever!!!

Papa D said...

as long as you quit quoting the theme song from "Golden Girls". In another few (many) years, maybe, but all of you are too young for that as your theme song.

Nice, Carrie.

Louann and Bari said...

Thanks Ray-I remembered the words but not where it came from. The Golden Girls? that's REALLY funny!!!

Dory said...

Everytime we move It's so hard to leave those people that you "click" with. The only comfort I have is that someday we all get to hang out in heaven. Maybe we can just teleport ourselves to whoever we want to hang with (ha ha)I wish we could do that now!

Rob and Crys said...

This is a little off the subject, but the boys want to say "Wuz Up Kenny!"

Mama D said...

Someone's busy... or stressed... You aren't usually this silent over a 2 week period! lol Hope you're doing okay!

Just want you to know I'm thinking of you!

chelle said...

I too love that feeling carrie.It's it awesome. I too think the same thing. Some day I will know how I knew them before and why! The gospel makes us think beyond the here and now. One of my fav. things about it!

Patty said...

Where are you?! We miss hearing from you!